Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Year's Eve....


You won't believe this...I played a rather "high class" New Year's Eve party with my good buddy, Bob Luterek at the Niagara Falls Country Club. As you may imagine, there was quite a bit of "old money" there and the average age was about 72. There were some young people but I had to chalk it off as a chance to play some kick ass Jazz and get paid really well for it. There were tables all in front of the stage area. While Bob and I were playing and entire table of elderly people got up to leave. One woman (about 82 years old) was wearing one of those velvet outfits, you know, the loose fitting burgandy velvet top with matching slacks. As she passed in front of the stage area her pants fell down completely around her ankles! I kid you not! We could see everything! They just dropped! The woman's son helped her with her pants and ushered her out while the bartenders looked at me in shock...I couldn't believe it. Later on Bob said that it was funny that an old woman dropped her pants for me...I told him I've played there a number of times without any disrobing...It must have been him! Ah....the life of a rock star!

0 comments:

Blog Archive