Sunday, April 30, 2006

April 27, 28 & 29

I had a wonderful week! Thursday I played at Tony Rome's for my buddy Dean Sorrentino's 45th birthday party. It went great. He was really surprised and the crowd went wild. Friday was incredible. Lisa and I drove an hour and a half to do a show at a new club called Mixer's Pub in Olean, NY. Mixer's is an "alternative" bar. I knew it was a gay bar before I got there and I wondered what the place was like. Know that I don't have any problem dealing with any person in the world but I did wonder how the show would go. It was fantastic! Jody, the owner was fun as hell and all the people there loved the music so much. It's a pleasure playing to a crowd that is so eager to have a blast and appreciates my music. The atmosphere was awesome with people from all walks of life there partying until the cows came home. I can't thank the people enough for the wonderful time! Saturday I played my first show at Gordon's and, again, it was fantastic. The Gordon brothers are great and their parents used to hang out in my father's bar years ago! I filled the place and they want me there every month! This past week mad me pretty happy. Come to one of my shows if you can...I'll try my best to entertain the hell out of you. By the way, check out: http://powunclehal.blogspot.com/ it's pretty cool!

2 comments:

Luanne said...

Hi there Greg. So where in the world is this bar you referenced here. That's a new one on me. I've been trying to find a fun bar in Olean to hang out in, I'm not gay, but I know they know how to party and enjoy life. I'll have to bookmark this. Do you get down to Olean much and what kind of music do you play? I've got an Olean entertainment blog started, so always looking for input. http://olean-ny.blogspot.com

Take care.
Luanne

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Blog Archive