Sunday, March 19, 2006

St. Patty's Day Weekend


Wow! I was busy as all get go this week...4 shows and my voice held out! Thursday I played at Bennigan's on Maple Rd. I started with the traditional Irish music (jigs, reels and Irish folk). There was a a respectable little crowd there but I think they were gearing up for Friday and Saturday. When Friday rolled around I started playing at Bennigan's again! 3 to 6 and the place was packed with green beer drinkers! We went nuts! My buddy Ed came out and helped me pack up...I went and picked up my girlfriend Lisa and off we were to Olcott, New York at the Light House. I played all traditional Irish music (I'm the only Italian in WNY that does an authentic Irish show) and then some party bar music. For some reason it was pretty quiet in Olcott. The owners Dave and Carol loved the show but we were all disappointed in the turn out...People must've been drinking other places.

Saturday I did a private party at the Elma Conservatin Club and it was filled with people. I had them all doing the Unicorn dance dancing the Jig! All in all it was a great week of playing...

I'm really looking forward to this week coming up. I play at a new place called the Furnace at 3700 Southwestern Blvd. in Orchard Park Friday, March 24. Saturday, March 25 is my HUGE birthday party at Griffin's Irish Pub on Abbott Rd. in South Buffalo. If you are in the area stop down....It's going to be a blast!

0 comments:

Blog Archive