Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Quit!

Hello,

I made a posting earlier today remarking that my son was here and how wonderful it is to be with him. I posted it here and on www.greggsansone.com. I received the most cruel letter I have ever received in my life. It was not signed and it told me that I was responsible for my son's relapse and horrible life threatening problems. This is what it said:

"It's good to read that your son is OK. Being away from you is probably the best thing for him. In your last post that mentioned him, I was astounded how you attributed his substance abuse and personal problems to fate and/or God's will. It's not surprising that it would never occur to you that having a father who is a self-centered mono-maniac who only cares about himself and receiving the adulation of audiences to the extent of neglecting his family to achieve that, just might be the ACTUAL source of his difficulties.
Keep up the spiritual and emotional growth Gregg!"

I did not attribute my son's drug abuse to God's will and/or fate. Whoever posted this you got your wish. I am destroyed. I cannot believe that I hurt a person so much that he/she would stoop so low. Anyone that knows me knows the clear truth. I am a great father and i would die for my son.

I quit. I will no longer be in the public eye.

Thank you for your support over these many years. I wish you all God's love.

Peace,

Gregg

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What is up with angry people? How small-minded for someone to try and use something as precocious to your heart, your son, as a weapon to appease their sick mind. You are a great father Gregg. I have seen how you are with your son. There is much love between you too. Do not listen to people that obviously have an agenda to cause you great pain. People that write that kind of stuff are really trashy and you know it, as well as does everyone else. Who care what one hateful person says on a website. You know who your friends are and you are truly loved by many. Stick with the winners. Your music is remarkable and if you quite over such triviality as a dumb comment many of us will lose.
BTW To whoever wrote that give it up, your feelings are obvious and ugly. Not to mention cowardly to not sign your name. Whatever! Silly people!
Peace and Love Lisa

Blog Archive