Sunday, April 29, 2007

Drunk Girls Spilling Beer, The Buffalo Sabres and Getting Your Groove On!


The week was an exciting one to say the least. I started out by playing at the Light House in Olcott, NY on Friday. It went well with a great crowd. A good selection of music and it gave me a chance to try out some new Country stuff. The Buffalo Sabres (if you're not from Buffalo you can't understand the Cup fever we all have) won the second game in a row against the NY Rangers...pretty damn exciting.

Ah, then Saturday rolled along. I played to a great crowd at Gordon's (I'm there every last Saturday of the month). A group of girls partied and danced like savages all night in front of my keyboards. They kept smashing into my mic while a bouncer tried to insure they didn't really do any damage...No such luck... My friends Ed and Diane Strawbrich, Maria, Mellisa and Cindy, all looked on in horror as a girl smashed into my keyboards spilling a pint of beer all over my bottom keyboards! Needless to say I was pretty shaken up. I had to clean up everything and, as of this posting, I don' know if I have to spend a ton of loot to get a new board. I couldn't use it...It shorted! In any case, that is the trials of Rock and Roll...The girl was just having a good time and got carried away. It could have been worse...People could've just sat there and not had any fun...That would suck!

This week I'm taking Friday off and playing a huge Cinco de Mayo show at Bart's Cove in Dunkirk, NY. I go to see my son this Sunday so I'm pretty psyched!

Here's the skinny:

Bart's Cove Marina. 1/2 Woodrow Dr., Dunkirk. 366-8243. Saturday, May 5 @ 9:00 p.m.

Have a great week...By the way, All my chords and keyboards smell like beer! I wouke up and caught my brother licking the keys!

0 comments:

Blog Archive